There is no Camera image on the presentation screen.
- Check all connections again as shown in the user manual.
- Verify the setting of the display output device; make sure it is set to the correct input channel.
- The unit’s power light turns Red in standby mode. Press the POWER button again to turn it ON and the LED Power light will turn Green.
- The default camera display resolution setting is on 1024X768. If your output device does not support this resolution; no image can be projected. Simply press hold the MENU and < > button to increase or decrease the resolution setting.
- Check the TV/RGB switch on the side of the camera and set it accordingly to the type of display device you have.
- Check all cables are good among the display device, AVerVision Document Camera and your PC, replace cables if necessary.
There is no computer signal on the presentation screen.
- Check all cable connections among the display device, AV355AF and your PC, replace cables if necessary.
- Connect your PC to the AV355AF first before you power on your computer.
- If you are using a Laptop, make sure you set your laptop to Dual display mode. Refer to your laptop’s user manual for the proper command.
The picture on the presentation screen is out of focus.
- Reset your document camera to default by pressing Menu > Default > Yes > Enter. Finally power-cycle your camera.
- Check your output device’s focus adjustment
- Press the auto focus button on your document camera’s control panel.
- Manually adjust the focus from the Document camera’s menu or on your remote control.
How do I transfer the images from AV355AF to a computer?
- Do no connect USB cable in the beginning. On the document camera, Press Menu > System Tab > USB State > Mass Storage > Enter. Now connect the USB cable between the AV355AF and the computer. In your computer locate the hard drive and the copy/cut/paste the images to your computer. To reset your Unit back to a document camera, unplug and re-plug the power cord.
The brightness on the presentation screen is dark and unreadable
- Turn on Auto Image in your unit’s Menu
- Reset your units display by pressing Menu, select Mode > Text. Return to Menu and select Default > Yes. Finally power-cycle your camera.
- Make sure there are sufficient lighting in the room or Turn on the LED lamp on your document camera head
- If you are in a dark environment, turn on “Night View” in your document camera’s menu.
- Manually adjusts the Brightness and Contrast levels in the Camera’s Menu.
- Your projector’s bulb may need to be changed.
There are distortions running across the presentation screen.
- Set your camera to high frame to increase the screen refresh rate. Press Menu > Basic > Mode > High Frame > Enter. Then return to Menu, select Default > Yes. Finally power-cycle your camera.
- Check all cables are good among the display device, AV355AF and your PC, replace cables if necessary.
- Reset your camera to Default by Pressing MENU > Default > Yes > Enter. Then Power-Cycle your camera.
- Unplug all Cables from camera, reconnect Cables again and Plug in the Power cord to the Document Camera last.
How do I record a video using the on-board recording button?
- Insert a USB flash drive into the USB memory slot. USB dip Switch should be moved towards the USB symbol. Now simply press the “Recording” button on your unit’s control panel. To stop the recording, press the “Recording” button again. The video will save in .AVI format in your USB flash drive. AV355AF can support USB flash drive from 2GB to 64 GB.
- Insert a SD card into the SD card memory slot. From your document camera’s Menu, select Setting tab > Current Storage > SD memory card > enter. Now simply press the “Recording” button on your unit’s control panel. To stop the recording, press the “Recording” button again. The video will save in .AVI format in your SD card. AV355AF can support SD card from 1GB to 32GB.
The AVerVision Software cannot detect the document camera.
- Make sure your USB cable is connected
- Make sure the USB cable or computer USB port is not defective
- Move the USB switch on the document camera away from the USB symbol.
- Check your Device Manager, If Digital presenter driver shows damaged, right click and select “Update Driver”.
- Make sure you have the most currently updated software, download list is found under Download tab.
For more AVerVision 355AF Q&A please visit this page.