How to Restart the School Year Refreshed: 3 Tips for Teachers
Going back to the classroom after the winter break can be difficult due to the lack of routine that students and teachers experienced for a few weeks. Here are some ideas to consider to help you go back to the classroom on a positive note.
Make time to connect
Start the new year with a classroom celebration with your students. Have conversations regarding their break and ask what do they want to accomplish in the new year. Having your students share their dreams and experiences will strengthen relationships. Consistently use the "we" form of language when speaking to your students. Change or rearrange the artwork, decorations, or messages in the classroom to help them be more motivated and excited about what's ahead.
Bring energy to the classroom
Just like you, your students will return to the classroom with new energy and enthusiasm. They might be excited to go back to their learning routine, but they are also going to be aware of the work they have to do to finish the school year strong. Take advantage of the technologies available and encourage your students to be responsible for their own learning by working together, asking questions and seeking help when necessary. Look for the students who are not active in the classroom and establish a plan to help them become more involved.
Plan new tasks
There are always extra assignments and new materials to cover. It's difficult to keep up with everything that is required in order to be successful. However, there are a few things that teachers can do to stay organized and on top of their game throughout the year.
- Create a list of the activities that you plan on in the next few months and add them to the calendar
- Create a list of all the materials that you will need for your lesson plans
- Create a list of all the resources, including technologies such as document cameras, that you will be using
- Create a list of interesting videos and websites that you plan to share with your students
- Always keep in mind that change is inevitable, and things always have a way of working out.
If you have any questions on how we can help your classroom, please contact us. We will be more than happy to promptly answer any of your inquiries.Here’s to the start of a great new year! Go Back